Showcase at Stern Competition 2016
In Celebration of the 10-year Anniversary of American Protégé Competitions
|Videos from the American Protege Gala Concert at Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage in June of 2016|
American Protégé Showcase at Stern Competition Winners Concert will be held at Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall on June 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM.
Showcase at Stern Competition 2016 was opened to all school students and adults of all ages and all nationalities and countries. All instruments, including piano, strings, voice and winds were welcome to participate in the Showcase. Participants were required to submit video recording materials for the audition to enter into the Competition.
Four qualified judges evaluated audition materials. All judges were independent; their students were not allowed to apply for the Showcase Audition.
|How to Apply|
To apply for the Showcase Audition participants must submit:
Mail DVD and Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
For express shipping services please use the following street address: American Protege, Attn: Irina Ionova, 245 East 93rd Street, #22E, New York, NY 10128.
Application materials acceptance for the Showcase at Stern Competition was closed on December 1, 2016.
Performance time limit:
for ages 12 and under – 4 (four) minutes
for ages 13 and older – 5 (five) minutes.
Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant’s abilities, but need not be of a professional quality. Recording materials must be labeled.
Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats.
The final selection of performers will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
Audition piece could not exceed performance time limit (4 minutes for participants age 12 and under and 5 minutes for participants age 13 and older)
Please read the American Protégé Policy carefully before applying for the Audition.
Winners were notified via email before February 1, 2017.
1. Only 30 applicants were selected to perform at Stern Auditorium at Carnegie Hall. All other applicants received Diploma of Participation via e-mail.
2. All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
3. Each Winner will perform one piece at the Concert. A set of different works is not acceptable.
4. Concert Fee is $400 per participant and includes Winner’s Certificate and Teacher’s Diploma, admission for the participant and a piano accompanist (if needed).
Rehearsal, Concert photos and tickets for guests and family members are not included into the Concert Fee.
The Concert Fee is not refundable.
5. Extra performance time up to 1 (one) minute can be accepted with an additional $800 fee.
6. A house sound system and microphone will be provided at the concert.
7. Tickets are available at the Carnegie Hall website www.carnegiehall.org two months prior to the event.
8. Detailed Concert information is provided to the participants via email.
Tickets are available at
American Protégé Organizational Committee reserves the rights to make any changes into the rules, dates, schedules and other information related to the Competitions or published on this site.
Complete policies, rules and disclaimers could be found on American Protégé Policy page