International Music Talent Competition Spring 2014
The American Protégé International Music Talent Competition Spring 2014 is open to all instrumentalists (piano, winds, strings, brass, traditional, etc), vocalists and traditional folk and jazz groups of all nationalities and countries. Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition.
American Protégé is looking for genuinely talented people, who have creativity and stage charisma.
We invite talented performers of any age and genre to participate in the Competition.
First and Second Place Winners will perform on
Saturday, December 20, 2014 (Chrismas Weekend) at 3:30 PM at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in New York City
If number of the paricipants increases, the Organization Committee will host additional recitals.
Star Performer Award, Judges' Favorite Award Trophy, Judges' Distinction Award Trophy and other Special Awards may be granted based on the judges recommendations.
Third Place and Honorable Mention winners will perform at other New York City venues.
Three qualified judges will evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent, their students are not allowed to apply this season.
How to Apply
To apply for the Competition participants must submit:
Completed online Application Form
DVD or links to YouTube video recordings.
A biography of the applicant in MS Word format (not to exceed 150 words). Include past participations in competitions, festivals and other public events. Portrait photo in electronic format, to be used for the Competition brochure printing. Biography and photo should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
Mail DVD and Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
International participants must use express shipment services to the following street address and provide the tracking number.
The application materials must be received by April 1, 2014.
The application fee is $200 per participant.
Application Fees are not refundable.
U. S. participants should make a check or money order payable to American Protégé.
International participants may use:
• Certified bank check payable to American Protégé
• International money order payable to American Protégé
• PayPal. Go to the bottom of this page.
American Protégé Music Talent Competition Rules:
1. Duration of the audition program should not exceed 7 minutes
2. Multiple winners will be chosen in each age category.
3. Repertoire requirements:
Participant may choose one or several pieces from the extended repertoire:
• Classical repertoire (Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary periods). Any interpretations of the classical repertoire are acceptable.
• Broadway/Musical Theatre
• Jazz (no drums)
• Open (could contain two or more styles)
We encourage singers not to choose pop repertoire.
4. Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant's abilities, but need not be of a professional quality.
Recording materials must be labeled.
5. Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats. Music for the ensembles does not have to be memorized.
6. The DVDs will not be returned.
7. Judges comments will not be disclosed. Judges' decisions are final and can't be appealed.
8. The final selection of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
9. Music, songs or costumes that are not considered age appropriate or family friendly by the panel of judges will be disqualified.
10. No changes of repertoire are allowed after the application is submitted.
11. Certificates of Recognition will be granted to the performing winners only, after the Winners Recital.
12. Competition results will be published on American Protégé web-site on April 15, 2014.
Winners Recital Information:
1. Winners of the Competition will perform one piece selected by the judges from the participant's audition repertoire.
Recital and Photo Fees
free admission for the participant
complimentary guests' tickets, Winner's
Certificate, Teacher's Diploma and a set of digital
3. Detailed Recital Guidelines will be emailed to the winners.
4. All participants are responsible for their own expenses.
5. Winners who have chosen not to participate in the Winners Recital for any reason will be disqualified.
6. For extra tickets please visit Carnegie Hall website at http://www.carnegiehall.org.
To pay the Application Fee on-line please click on the button below. A PayPal transaction fee of $12.00 will be added to the fee amount. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal
| Contact Us |
Policy © 2008 American Protégé, Inc. All rights reserved. American Protégé Organizational Committee reserves the right to make any changes into the rules, dates, schedules and other information related to the Competitions
© 2008 American Protégé, Inc. All rights reserved.
American Protégé Organizational Committee reserves the right to make any changes into the rules, dates, schedules and other information related to the Competitions