International Competition of Romantic Music 2015
The Competition is open to instrumentalists (piano, piano duo, winds, strings, voice) of all nationalities and countries.
Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition.
First, Second and Third Place Winners will perform on
Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 1:00 PM at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall,
Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 1:00 PM at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in New York City.
Special prizes for best performances may be awarded based on the judges' recommendations.
Four qualified judges will evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent; their students are not allowed to apply this season.
How to Apply
To apply for the Competition participants must submit:
A completed online Application Form
A DVD recording or a link to a YouTube video (preferable) of their performance.
A biography of the applicant written in MS Word (not to exceed 150 words). Include past participations in competitions, festivals and other public events. Portrait photo in electronic format, to be used for the Competition brochure printing. Examples could be found at http://www.americanprotege.com/InternetFall2011.htm
Biography and photo should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
Mail DVD and Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
International participants must use express shipment services to the following street address and provide the tracking number.
The application packages acceptance will be closed on October 10, 2015.
The application fee for solo performers is $150.
The application fee for ensemble members is reduced to $100 per participant.
Application fees are not refundable.
U. S. participants should make a check or money order payable to American Protégé, or use PayPal option at the bottom of this page
International participants may use:
- Certified bank check payable to American Protégé
- International money order payable to American Protégé
- Western Union
- PayPal (See bottom of this page)
|American Protégé Competition of Romantic Music Rules:|
1. Age category and time limit for the application Youtube video or DVD:
|Category||Age||Recital Performance Time limit||First Piece (required)||Additional repertoire (optional, no time limit)|
|Young Musicians||5 - 9||5 minutes||Not to exceed 5 minutes in duration||Any one piece from the Romantic Period|
|Junior||10 - 13||6 minutes||Not to exceed 6 minutes in duration||Any one piece from the Romantic Period|
|Intermediate||14 - 17||6 minutes||Not to exceed 6 minutes in duration||Any one piece from the Romantic Period|
|Amateur||18 and up||7 minutes||Not to exceed 7 minutes in duration||Any one piece from the Romantic Period|
|Advanced||18 and up||7 minutes||Not to exceed 7 minutes in duration||Any one piece from the Romantic Period|
Multiple winners will be chosen in each category.
Participants who submitted first piece (required repertoire) longer than performance time limit should provide another piece within performance time limit and pay additional $50 fee for the second audition.
Extra performance time up to 1 minute can be accepted for the Winners Recital with $100 additional fee.
2. Repertoire requirements:
- Compositions from late Beethoven to Rachmaninoff dated in the period of 1815-1910 may be chosen for the audition.
- First (required) piece will be included into the Recital program if the participant is selected as a winner.
- Only one piece could be performed at the Winners Recital. Set of different works is not acceptable for the Winners Recital.
3. Only un-edited video can be accepted for the audition (no video clips).
4. Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant's abilities, but need not be of professional quality. Recording materials must be labeled.
5. Judges' comments will not be disclosed. Judges' decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
6. The final selection of winners will be based solely on the audio/video recordings submitted.
7. Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats. Music for ensembles does not have to be memorized.
8. The DVD will not be returned.
9. No changes to biographical information are allowed after the application is submitted.
10. Winners will be announced on our web-site on November 22, 2015.
11. Winners' Certificates will be granted to performing winners only, after the Winners Recital.
12. Winners who choose not to participate in the Winners Recital for any reason will be disqualified.
Winners Recital Information:
To pay the Application Fee on-line please select the payment amount from the drop-down window and click on the button below. A transaction fee of $10.00 will be added to the fee amount. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal